This post is an entry for the #MeatMatters Challenge, sponsored by Simply Beef and Lamb. Learn more about the benefits of cooking and eating beef and lamb along with recipe ideas and inspiration here!
As a new mum making quick and easy dinners are a must. I love meat and tend to always have meat in my dishes. Red meat is definitely a firm favourite of mine.
Beef is definitely one of my go to dishes, not only does it taste great but it is also naturally rich in protein and even better helps reduce tiredness and fatigue- with an 11 week old this is a great benefit.
Making dinners under 30 minutes with two children is ideal, so I have included my favourite Steak recipe for you to create yourself at home.
Steak, Sautéed Potatoes and Pea Purée-
The potatoes were simple but scrumptious–
– Par boil in salt water
– Heat oil in a thick frying pan
– Add the drained potatoes to the pan and fry until they start to crisp
– Add fresh rosemary and fry a little longer before adding some fresh wild garlic
– To finish add some butter and some fresh wild garlic once they are off the heat
For the pea purée–
– Boil Tesco’s fresh peas in salt water
– When cooked, remove from the heat and add butter and horseradish (and Creme Fraiche if you have it!)
– Mash until coarse or smooth if that’s the way you like it!
For the steak–
– Season with salt and pepper and allow the meat to reach room temperature
– At the same time heat the griddle pan until it’s piping hot
– Add the steak until charred and finish with butter
-Leave steak to rest before serving
Broccoli and sprouts if desired-
-Bring a pan of water to the boil add salt and add the broccoli and Sprouts -cook until desired texture.
Easy! and all done in under 30 minutes! Perfect for a romantic meal when the kids have gone to bed.
Whats your favourite dish?